Retrieving public and private key
- Login to your ConnectWise Manage front-end. This changes depending on the location of the server, for example if your server is in the EU it may be https://eu.myconnectwise.net/.
- Navigate to “Members” under “System” from the menu bar on the left of the page.
- Click the “API Members” menu.
- Create a new member or edit an existing one. Navigate to the “API Keys” menu.
- Generate a new API Key. Note down the public and private key, this will be the only time you can access the private key without creating a new API key.
Retrieving Client ID
- Navigate to the Partner Client ID or Vendor Client ID page to retrieve your ID.
- You can either create a new integration, or if you are unable to, apply for one.
- To create a new integration, click the Create New Integration button and enter the appropriate information.
- You will then be redirected to a page with your client ID.
Setup your ConnectWise Manage App within Cyclr:
- Go to your Cyclr Console
- Click the Connectors menu along the top
- Choose Connector Library
- Scroll down to ConnectWise Manage
- Click the Setup button
Enter the following values:
Domain: Your API domain, and the domain you use to access the front-end website. Here is a list of common URLs.
API Version: The version of the API you would like to use. More details here. Note: if your API version is “v2020.3”, you should enter “v2020_3”.
Client ID: Retrieve from the above steps.
Username: This is your company ID followed by a plus sign (+) and then your public key. For example: “companyId+abc123”.
Password: This is the private key we generated in the previous step.
Your ConnectWise Manage Connector is now setup! You can test it by installing it in one of your Cyclr accounts and executing one of the methods to confirm it can return some data.Edit me