You need the following information to set up the Eventbrite connector:
- An Eventbrite API key associated with your account.
- An Eventbrite client secret associated with your account.
Creating an API key and client secret in Eventbrite
Create an API key and client secret on the API keys page of your Eventbrite account. From the API keys page, do the following:
- Select Create API Key.
- Enter a First Name and Last Name to associate with the keys.
- Enter an Application URL, this can be any URL but is required.
- Enter the OAuth Redirect URI of your Cyclr account. This has the following format:
- Enter an Application Name and Description, these can be anything but are required.
- Select Create Key.
- Select the new entry in the API keys list, this will have the same name as the application name entered in step 5.
- Make note of the API key and Client secret below the expanded entry.
To set up your Eventbrite connector within your Cyclr console:
- Go to the Cyclr Console.
- Select Connectors > Application Connector Library at the top of the page.
- Use the search box to find the Eventbrite connector.
- Select the Setup Required icon.
- Enter the below values, omitting this step will allow you to use different settings for each account on installation:
- Client ID: The API key of your Eventbrite account.
- Client Secret: The client secret of your Eventbrite account.
- Select Save Changes.
Your Eventbrite connector is now set up! You can test it by installing it in one of your Cyclr accounts and executing one of the methods to confirm it can return some data.
Event custom objects
The Eventbrite connector uses Cyclr custom objects to make methods dynamic based on an event ID. Each event custom object requires its corresponding event ID to function. This enables custom fields to be automatically mapped for each event custom object created.
Find the event ID
You need an event ID to set up a custom object. To find a specific event ID:
- Log into your Eventbrite account.
- In the top navigation bar, mouse over the account name and select Manage my events.
- Select the event you want to create a custom object for.
- The URL to the page of this event contains the event ID required to set up a custom object in the form
?eid=<event ID>. For example, if the URL of an event is
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/myevent?eid=328737431507then the module name is
Set up a custom object
When you set up a custom object it creates a new method category with the parameters you enter. To set up a custom object:
- Go to the Eventbrite connector Settings page:
- For template connectors: Cyclr Console > Templates > Template Connectors > Eventbrite > Edit Connector.
- For connectors within a cycle: Cycle Builder > Application Connectors > Eventbrite > Settings.
- Under the Methods and Fields heading, expand the Events (custom object) category.
- Select the red Copy this Category to create a Custom Object Category icon.
- Enter the event ID into Specify object name.
- Select Copy.
Change the custom object display name
To change the display name of a custom object method category:
- Expand the method category by selecting the method category name.
- Select the Edit this Custom Object Category icon.
- Move the Object Name field to the Object Value field.
- Change the Object Name field as required. This does not require a specific format.
- Select Save.