Facebook Messenger API
Facebook Messenger API uses OAuth 2. You should sign up for an application on Facebook first and get an OAuth client ID and client secret.
Note: The process of having your app approved by Facebook may be lengthy (~5 days).
Setting up your Partner App
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Create a Facebook Developer account if you don’t already have one: https://developers.facebook.com
- Go to
My Apps: https://developers.facebook.com/apps
Create App, and select Business as the app type.
Complete the following sections:
- App Display Name This is the name your users will see when they grant consent to access their data.
- App Purpose (set to
Create App(You will then be asked to enter your password).
- You should be faced with a screen entitled Add Products to Your App. Under Facebook Messenger, select
- This should now be added. In the menu on the left, select
- Under Valid OAuth Redirect URIs enter
https://Your Service Domain/connector/callback
(Your service domain can be found in your Cyclr console under Settings > General Settings > Service Domain.) and click
- In the menu on the left, select
Settings. Scroll down to the
Access Tokenssection , and select
Add or Remove Pages.
- Complete the required steps, adding the Facebook page you wish to use.
- Under Settings, Basic on the left menu, you’ll be able to complete any missing sections, and copy your App ID and App Secret. Once your app has been approved by Facebook, you’ll be able to use these to authenticate your App in Cyclr.
Authenticating your Facebook Cyclr Connector
Go to your Cyclr Console > Connectors > Connector Library > Facebook Messenger API > Setup
Client ID: This is the App ID displayed after you create the Facebook app
Client Secret: This is the App Secret displayed after you create the Facebook app
Scopes: This is a comma separated list of scopes to request from Facebook during authentication. For detail on the scopes please visit the official documentation.
Your Facebook Messenger API connector is now set up!
NOTE: Facebook Messenger only allows a singular webhook URL per application.
This should only be configured once you have authenticated the connector, and have entered the value for the
1) In Cyclr, drag the
Facebook Messenger >
Message step on to the builder.
2) Add a decision step and connect it to the webhook reciever. Any decision configuration will work.
3) Open the settings of the
Message Webhook, and copy the URL.
4) Run the cycle.
5) In the Facebook Developer Console, navigate to
Facebook Messenger >
6) Under the Webhook section, set the
Callback URL to the URL you have just copied, and the
Verify Token. This can be any alphanumeric value, as long as you enter the same value in Cyclr when authenticating the connector.
7) Save these settings, and Facebook will verify the webhook with Cyclr.
You have now configured a webhook. If the Webhook URL changes for any reason, you will need to reconfigure it using the steps above.
Roles & Test Users
If your application has not been approved by Facebook, the only users that will be able to interact with it must be set within the developer console. To create a test user, click the menu on the left, and select