For Cyclr to connect with the HubSpot API you will need to create an “App” within HubSpot, as detailed below:
Note: This part can be completed once, by a Cyclr Partner. The client/customer does not need their own separate App within HubSpot.
- Login to the HubSpot Developer Portal here.
- Follow the HubSpot documentation to create an application.
- In the
Authtab you will see a
Client Secret. Make a note of these to use in Cyclr’s Connector setup.
- The Redirect URL that creates the link between your Cyclr Console and HubSpot is shown on the page where the Client ID and Client Secret are entered. It has the form:
https://[Your Cyclr Service Domain]/connector/callback
- It’s not necessary to set Scopes at this point - see next section for details on this.
As mentioned above - it’s not necessary to set scopes at this point. The default scopes of
crm.objects.contacts.write will be requested by the Cyclr Connector if you leave the input empty. If you input your own scope-list, this will override the default values.
IMPORTANT NOTE (November 2021)
The way that HubSpot handles contact scopes has recently changed:
This should not affect you if you have set up a new HubSpot App, but contact Cyclr Support if you have any questions.
If you have an existing HubSpot app this is likely to have been auto-migrated by HubSpot in early November 2021. This shouldn’t affect your integrations, but we’d recommend upgrading your Account Connector to the latest version at your earliest opportunity.
In order to use the Products and Line Items methods, the user must be assigned a paid Sales Hub seat within HubSpot.
The Connector now can be installed using the credentials obtained in the above steps:
Scopes/Optional: This defines what permissions will be requested on the consent screen presented to your users.
By default, all users will be asked to consent to the following permissions/scopes
crm.objects.companies.read, and where appropriate (these are optional scopes, in other words) users will be asked to consent to
Should you need to request alternative scopes/optional scopes, this is where you would set them.
You will then be prompted to log in, select your HubSpot and authorize access to the connector.
When authenticating the HubSpot Connector and signing into HubSpot, the user will be presented with the HubSpot Choose an Account screen.
During testing, you should select your main HubSpot account, rather than your developer account. You can identify the main account by looking for the one with items shown under the “PRODUCTS” heading as shown below.
In this example, that would be the “Cyclr” account:
Useful if accessing this Connector via the API. Property Names given here are in the same format as they should be passed to the API.
|Scopes||The scopes of the connector. Default value is
|OptionalScopes||The optional scopes of the connector. Default value is
Hubspot webhooks utilise a single webhook URL, this requires some configuration of your Hubspot application.
Navigate to Cyclr Console > Connectors > Application Connector Library > Hubspot > Setup
Copy the Webhook URL to your clipboard. e.g.
https://<yourserivcedomain>/api/partnerwebhook/xxxxxx (Note: Do not user the webhook URL from the builder, but this one under the partner console).
You will now need to setup the Hubspot application to send webhooks. This has three steps:
- Enter the URL
- Select events to subscribe to
- Activate the events
Entering the URL
- Navigate to the Hubspot Developers App Dashboard, and select the application you use with Cyclr.
- Within this application, navigate to Webhooks.
- Paste the Webhook URL from your clipboard, into the “target URL”
- Click Save (bottom of screen).
Setting up your subscriptions may require you to alter the scopes of the Hubspot application to allow the events to be sent. Ensure that your connector is authorised with the right scopes to receive the webhook events.
Selecting events to subscribe to
- Click Create Subscription.
- Select the objects and events that you wish to send to Cyclr.
- Click Subscribe.
Activating the events
- Under event subscriptions.
- Hover over the line with mouse and view subscriptions button will be shown, click this button.
- Hover over the line with mouse and activate” button will be shown, click this button to activate the sending of the webhook.
Your application is now set up for Webhooks using Cyclr.
Adding webhooks to your cycle or template
- Drag the Webhook step from the sidebar into the Builder.
- Connect the Webhook to another step.
- Click Run to start the Cycle.
Using custom objects
Create a custom object schema
You first need a custom object schema to create custom object categories in the HubSpot connector. HubSpot allows you to create custom object schema on the Custom objects page of their documentation here. Custom object schema can be created on the Object schema tab under Create a new schema.
Create a custom object method category
To create a custom object method category:
- Go to the HubSpot connector Settings page:
- For template connectors: Cyclr Console > Templates > Template Connectors > HubSpot > Edit Connector.
- For connectors within a cycle: Cycle Builder > Application Connectors > HubSpot > Settings.
- Under the Methods and Fields heading, expand the Custom Objects category.
- Select the red Copy this Category to create a Custom Object Category icon.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the custom object schema to use for the custom object method category.
- Select Copy.
The new category will now use the custom object schema selected for all methods.Edit me